Make a difference to someone's life!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Wallingford, Didcot and the surrounding areas.
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be responsible for providing care and support to our service users with a variety of important daily tasks. These can vary but will include personal care, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed or required.
Unlike other healthcare providers, we offer 'same day pay' via the Flexi Pay feature of our innovative healthcare app, HealthForceGo®. Thanks to Flexi Pay, you won't have to wait for payday to receive your wages.
Why choose our Newcross team?
- Flexible full time and part time hours with weekday, weekend and night shifts available
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Up to 30,000 discounts available as part of our 'Perks at Work' scheme
Skills & Training
Develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering various important topics.
Topics include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Safeguarding Adults, End of Life Care and many more.
- Salary of up to £12.93 per hour including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Your Reading team
Our Reading branch is located in London Street, close to the town centre. We are also just a short distance from Reading train station and the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way