Carers like you can make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living within Wokingham, Henley-on-Thames, Reading and the surrounding areas.
Our exclusive new 'same day pay' service allows healthcare staff to receive up to 50% of the value of their shift within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that service users receive care and support completing a variety of important tasks. They vary but include personal care, daily living activities, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
Why choose our team?
- Flexible hours with a choice weekday, weekend and night shifts available
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- 30,000 discounts available across various high street retailers throughout the UK
Applicants will have the chance to develop their existing skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton and many more.
What will I need?
The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £12.93/hr including holiday pay
Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Your local Reading team
Our Reading branch are located in London Street, near to the town centre. We are also just a short distance from Reading train station and the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Apply today and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way