Care Assistant - Children
Make a difference, join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for children with complex care needs living their own homes within Thetford, Wymondham, Attleborough and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care to children with complex care needs living in their own homes. You will ensure that they receive assistance with personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services needed.
Same day pay service!
Flexi Pay allows our healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value their shifts within the same day by submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Your Norwich team
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Guaranteed 20 hours of work every week
- Organised rotas set in advance to suit you
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Up to 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
Enhance your career with us!
Develop your skill set with up to 200 courses endorsed by our Clinical Governance Team and free through credits as you work. Topics vary but include Basic Life Support, PEG, Epilepsy, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, BSL or Makaton and many more.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.