Care Assistant - Personalised Care
We are looking for people like you to join our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for adults with complex care needs living in their own homes within Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and the surrounding areas.
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for caring for service users with a variety of complex care needs. You will provide support with personal care, medication support, feeding and PEG care, meal preparation, social activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Access our 'same day pay' service through our HealthForceGo® app and withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting your timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Why work with us?
Take advantage of set rotas organised in advance to suit your needs, a minimum hours guarantee within our permanent contracts and free training programs earned through credits as you work.
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
Develop your career with us!
Working with Newcross provides you with exclusive access to various free training programs programs earned through credits as you work and covering various topics. These will include PEG, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Basic Life Support, Dementia Care and many more.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.