Care Assistant - Personalised Care
We are looking for you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for adults with complex care needs living in Norwich, Long Stratton, Thorpe St. Andrew, Poringland, Wroxham, Brundall and the surrounding areas.
This flexible pay feature allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Care Assistant, you will provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users with various complex care needs. You will provide assistance with personal care, medication support, clinical requirements, feeding and peg care, meal preparation, social activities and any additional services required.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
But what makes Newcross unique?
Join us today and take advantage of a minimum hours guarantee as part of your permanent contract, free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work and set rotas organised in advance to suit your needs.
- Salary of up to £14.80/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent flexible contract
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free client specific training to ensure you have the skills required for this role
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- 30,000 discounts available throughout a variety of nationwide retailers
Our fantastic Norwich branch is based at 7/13 Orford Place, just a short walk from Norwich train station. The first Newcross branch in the east of England, we're now able to deliver the Newcross standard of person-centred care to clients across Norfolk.
Train with us!
Newcross Healthcare gives you exclusive access to up to 200 courses in various topics to develop your skill set set. They can be earned through credits as you work and include Dementia Care, Medication Administration, End of Life, Safeguarding Adults, Epilepsy, PEG, BSL or Makaton and many more.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.