Complex Care Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Development Manager - Complex Care
Location: Midlands/ North of England, based from local branch with opportunity to work 2 days per week from home. Regular travel throughout region with occasional overnight stays.
Hours of Work: Monday - Friday 9.00-5.30pm (additional hours may be required) 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum plus potential bonus opportunity of £30K
Benefits: Car allowance of £600 per month, Mobile Phone, iPad/laptop, Private healthcare, medicash scheme, 'perks at work' voucher scheme, 33 days annual leave increasing to 38 days after 1 years' service with an additional 5 days being offered with length of service
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is one of the largest and most successful healthcare staffing and complex care providers in the UK. Launched in 1996 by our current owners, Newcross has grown rapidly, and organically, from small beginnings to become a nationwide brand, with over 60 business locations and over 8,500 employees. Our vision is to 'Dominate the market through Excellence' by valuing trust, empathy and expertise.
We have enjoyed a fantastic level of growth in recent years and it is our strategic aim for this growth to continue, we therefore have a brand new opportunity for a Business Development Manager to drive the further expansion of our Complex Care division.
We are looking for an experienced healthcare professional with an extensive knowledge of the social care and acute healthcare market to join our highly effective Business Development team. The ideal candidate is likely to have a proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels and have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly self-sufficient, quick thinking, a team player, and have the necessary energy to deliver top-class performance. It goes without saying that 'Quality' delivery and 'Exceptional Customer Service' runs through everything we do.
- To work closely with the Head of Business Development and the Head of Complex Care to define a strategic approach and develop an effective business development/sales strategy tailored to individual markets.
- To generate new business by canvassing, visiting and securing business from existing and new clients across the region.
- To scope out and identify tender opportunities and support the bid writing process.
- To research and have a sound knowledge of competitors within the market in order to support the effective formulation of costing for tailored complex care packages, with the ability to provide evidence of costs and budgets as required by clients.
- To train and mentor Branch Managers in improving their sales techniques to ensure achievement of expansion targets and budgets
- To create effective and lasting relationships with all stakeholders; in particular social services, commissioning teams and primary care trusts.
- To develop a close working relationship with the National Mobilisation Manager to ensure awarded complex care packages are mobilised effectively and within agreed timescales.
- To work with Complex Care Managers and the National Critical Care Nurse Team to understand and determine an individual's suitability for Complex Care provision and provide a range of tailored solutions.
- To understand all elements of regulations, compliance & risk assessments involved in new potential new business opportunities.
- To manage own time effectively to meet the project deadlines, including making a minimum number of sales visits per week and achieving a set of necessary KPI's.
A confident, energetic self-starter, you will be in your element within a fast paced and results focused environment, using your first class communication and relationship building skills to drive growth whilst ensuring high standards.
To be successful in this role, you will also need:
- Proven track record of personal target achievement
- 3+ years' management experience delivering a service in the healthcare sector
- Proven experience of developing and nurturing client relationships
- Sound prior knowledge of Complex/ Acute Care provision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Competent user of standard IT systems (MS office/Ipad etc)
- Ability to effectively manage time & projects and influence others to achieve necessary targets
- Hungry for success
- Full current driving licence and ability to travel across UK