Our Rochdale team is based at Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
Are you a Care Assistant looking for an opportunity to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care and support our service users living in Bury, Middleton, Rossendale and the surrounding areas of Greater Manchester.
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive high-quality care and support at all times. You will provide assistance with personal care, daily living tasks, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our 'same day pay' service allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day via the HealthForceGo® app! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Develop your skill set!
With Newcross, you have a chance to develop your skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. A variety of topics are covered including Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Why choose our team?
- Flexible hours with weekend, night and weekday shifts available!
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available across a variety of high street retailers
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.