With Newcross, you can make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Halifax, Brighouse and the surrounding areas.
Our caring role
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will assist with personal care, daily living tasks, clinical requirements, social activities and any additional services needed.
Our 'same day pay' service allows healthcare staff to access up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Skills & Training
Develop your current skill set with a variety of free training earned through credits as you work and covering various topics. They will include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy and many more.
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Flexible full time and part time hours available with the opportunity to work weekday, night and weekend shifts
- 'Perks at Work' employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available across high street retailers nationwide
- Specialised free training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Newcross Healthcare's Rochdale branch works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.