Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Huddersfield, Brighouse, Holmfirth, Meltham, Halifax and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will make sure that our service users receive continuous care and support completing a variety of life-enhancing tasks. You will assist with personal care, daily living activities, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services required.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why choose Newcross?
- Full time and part time hours are available with further options to work weekend, night and weekend shifts
- Up to 30,000 discounts available as part of our Perks at Work scheme
- Specialised free training programs earned through credits as you work with various topics covered
Your local Rochdale team
You will be part of our Rochdale branch which works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of Nurses and Care Workers.
The branch is located in Newgate, near the Rochdale Cenotaph.
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Skills & Development
Develop your skill set and further your career by having access to a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care and many more.
Additional opportunities are available for staff to work towards various National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ) in different levels and subjects.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to book on to a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.