Do you have the skills and experience for our new role?
Newcross Healthcare are searching for supportive Care Assistants to offer excellent care and support to our service users across Lancaster, Morecambe and the surrounding location.
What to expect in your role
Our Care Assistants are responsible for providing excellent assistance and ensuring our service user's need are met at all times.
Some of your duties will include: Personal care, observing, monitoring and recording patients' conditions, clinical requirements, dressing and assisting with meals.
This role requires:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota and timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts from high street retailers
What will I learn?
Newcross Healthcare delivered 1800 clinical courses on over 100 different subjects to over 12000 staff, some attending multiple courses, paid through credits earned by working.
You can become a Newcross member and take advantage of these free courses that will enable you to progress in your career with us. We offer many clinical courses such as: Speech, Signs and Symbols, Safeguarding Adults and End of Life Care.
Same day pay
With our new flexible pay feature on the HealthForceGo® app you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Our Preston branch is based in Guildhall St - right in the city centre - close to Preston train station and also St. George's Shopping Centre.
We give you the option to do the interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
Are you interested? Then apply today!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way