At Newcross we value trust, empathy and expertise, do you?
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting for outstanding Care Assistants to deliver the highest quality of care and support to our residents across Preston, Chorley, Leyland, Kirkham, Ashton-on-Ribble, Garstang, Longton and the surrounds.
What we are looking for?
Working as Care Assistant, you will be supporting our service users with person-centred day-to-day tasks, assisting them with clinical requirements and helping them to have an independent living.
Ideally you'll have housekeeping experience as you will be responsible for keeping areas and equipment clean and tidy.
What can we offer you?
- Salary of up to £12.03/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to suit your commitments
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a field team leader
Do you know about Flexi Pay?
With us, you will have the chance to receive an advance of up to 50% of money earned during completed shifts, if you so wish. (includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Our successful applicants will have the chance to improve their skill set with our free training courses that will allow you to progress in your career journey with us.
You could choose between: End of Life Care, Epilepsy Awareness, Safeguarding Adults and many more!
Our Preston branch are situated in Guildhall St - right in the city centre - close to Preston train station and St. George's Shopping Centre.
If this role sounds like you…
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
We now give our candidates the option to do their interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed.
Begin your application…
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.