Care Assistant - Learning Disabilities
We are looking for carers like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Care Assistants to care for our service users living with mental health and/or learning disabilities in various nursing, residential and specialist care homes across Perth and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting our service users with a variety of life-enhancing activities. You will support with washing, toileting, dressing, personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any other services that will allow our service users to live as independently as possible.
Flexi Pay feature!
Newcross Healthcare allows staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift within the same day through our exclusive HealthForceGo® app! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Work with us!
- Flexible full time and part time hours with various shifts to choose from
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Make the most of
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Train with us!
Enjoy having exclusive access to a wide range of free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work. We cover topics such as BSL or Makaton, Basic Life Support, Medication Support, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Our Perth team is located on the banks of the River Tay, Newcross Healthcare's Perth branch is just a short walk from the city's train station.
Submit your application now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.