Care Assistant - Learning Disabilities
Our Taunton branch is based in Staplegrove Road, just a short distance from Taunton train station and also The Museum of Somerset at Taunton Castle.
We want carers like you to join our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Care Assistants to care for our service users living with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours in Taunton, Langport, Wellington, Ilminster, Somerton and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide care and support to our service users with a variety of important daily living activities. You will provide assistance with personal care, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
It is essential that you have a calm demeanour as you will provide care to service users with various ages and living with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours.
What makes us Newcross?
- Flexible full time and part time hours available to suit your ongoing needs and commitments
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within various high street retailers all over the UK
- Free training programs covering a variety of topics and all earned through credits as you work
Our HealthForceGo® app enables healthcare staff to access up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone/device to access your rotas and timesheets on our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- Salary of up to £13.84/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Access to available training programmes to develop your skill set
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.