Care Assistant Learning Disabilities
Join Newcross and develop your career in care!
As a Care Assistant in Taunton, Langport, Wellington, Ilminster, Somerton and the surroundings, you'll be a patient, positive and empathetic carer, looking to join a supportive health and social care team. Your various duties will include, though aren't limited to, following care plans, assisting with personal care, clinical needs meal preparation, making up beds and helping out with social activities.
Perks of the role
- An hourly rate of up to £13.19, including holiday pay
- Get paid as soon as you finish a shift with instant Flexi Pay
- Free uniform and DBS check
- Select shifts to suit your lifestyle through our app, with part-time, full-time, night and day shifts available
- Access to Newcross World, the new immersive learning experience where you can manage skills, learn new ones and unlock new opportunities in the care sector
- Access to NHS registered GPs with virtual appointments and mental health support
Healthcare staff can immediately withdraw up to 50% of the value of their existing shifts when they submit their timesheets via our handy app, HealthForceGo®. It is even available on weekends and bank holidays!
Do you have what we're looking for?
You'll be confident in your abilities as a carer and be ready to get stuck in. You need at least 3 months of paid experience within the past 3 years in the UK and the right to live and work in the UK. Past experience of moving and handling and personal care is a requirement.
You will need access to a smart device with an internet connection to pick up shifts and submit timesheets through our app, HealthForceGo®. Access to your own vehicle would be beneficial but is not a requirement.
Please note: To work in a care home in England from 11 November 2021, the post holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.