Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Do you want to change someone's life?
We are looking to expand our team of Support Workers caring for our service users living in Chippenham, Melksham, Devizes, Calne, Corsham, Malmesbury, Lyneham, Dauntsey and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will provide individualised assistance and support to our service users with various life-enhancing tasks. Tasks will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities, development of new skills and any additional services needed.
Previous experience of caring for service users living with Autism, Asperger's and learning and physical disabilities is essential for this role.
Withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift on the same day through our innovative Flexi Pay app feature! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a supporting job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Flexible full time and part time hours available including weekday, night and weekend shifts
- 30,000 discounts available as part of our 'Perks at Work' scheme
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
- Salary of up to £15.29/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Video calling so you can attend your interview without leaving your house
Opened in April 2014, our Swindon branch has boosted local opportunities for healthcare professionals across the Wiltshire and Oxfordshire areas, as well as providing hospitals, care homes and nursing establishments' access to exceptional staff that really care about what they do.
You'll find us at Holbrook House, a short distance from Swindon train station and within the town centre.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.