Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Change lives with Newcross!
As a Support Worker in Chippenham, Melksham, Devizes, Calne, Corsham, Malmesbury, Lyneham, Dauntsey and the surroundings, it will be your duty to ensure that our service users receive the highest standard of care at all times. You'll join a professional health and social care team to support service users living with Learning Disabilities. Your various responsibilities will include promoting independent, dignified and happy living in line with their individual care plans. This involves assisting with tasks such as eating, socialising and personal care.
You'll be a real people person, able to build lasting relationships with service users, their family and your healthcare team. You'll need a minimum of 3 months of paid caregiving experience over the past 3 years in the UK and be armed with evidence of situations in which you've displayed our company values of trust, empathy and expertise. You'll also need experience in moving and handling and personal care.
The right to work in the UK is a requirement, as is access to a smart device with an internet connection (to use our innovative app). Access to your own vehicle would also be beneficial.
Get Flexi Pay!
With Flexi Pay, you can submit your timesheets via our app, HealthForceGo, and receive an instant advance of up to 50% of the value of your completed shifts (even on weekends and bank holidays).
Perks at Newcross
- An hourly rate of up to £14.51, includes holiday pay
- No need to wait around for payday - get paid instantly
- Free DBS and uniform
- A choice of shifts to suit your lifestyle, with part-time, full-time, night and day shifts available
- Free, ongoing clinical training and professional development support
- Healthcare and mental health support through in-app advice and virtual appointments with NHS-registered GPs