Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Are you looking to enhance your care career?
Newcross Healthcare are actively seeking competent Learning Disabilities Support Workers to provide exceptional care and support to our residents living within Church Stretton and the surrounding suburbs.
Our friendly Shrewsbury branch are situated in Global House within Shrewsbury Business Park, which is easily accessible by car and bus.
As a Learning Disabilities Support Worker, you will be offering expert support and care to our service users, enabling them to live their lives as they choose.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a calm and professional manner with our patients who may experience different challenges due to their learning disabilities.
* Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts available
* Various free training programmes earned through credits as you work
* Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
With us, you'll have access to Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature that will allow you to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
This role requires
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous care experience
* Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
* Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
What's in it for you?
* Salary of up to £13.97 per hour including holiday pay
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients