Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
As a Support Worker in Gloucester, Cinderford and the surrounds, you'll get stuck in with a variety of different tasks to deliver person-centred care. This includes supporting service users with their daily living, lending a hand with eating and socialising.
Working with Newcross is a golden-ticket opportunity to challenge yourself in a rewarding role with plenty of opportunities to advance your career in care.
What do you need for this role?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
Flexi Pay allows healthcare staff to enjoy having instant access to an advance of up to 50% of the value of their existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays!
Your job benefit package
- Competitive salary of up to £15.11/hr, including holiday pay
- Mileage compensation to cover travel between clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Round-the-clock 24-hour clinical support from a dedicated team
- Employee perks scheme offers 30,000 discounts from leading brands
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Join our team today!