Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Your branch will be located at Global House in Shrewsbury Business Park, which is easily accessible by car and bus.
Are you looking for a new and rewarding career?
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit qualified Learning Disability Support Workers to care and support our service users in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes across Oswestry and the surrounds.
What will I be doing?
As a Support Worker your responsibilities will include; assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks, helping with clinical requirements, social activities and any other additional services that will enable dignified and independent living.
Applicants will need to have three months' professional experience before applying to this role.
Rewarding for you:
- Salary of up to £13.97/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay - 'same day pay'
- Flexible working hours
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Free ongoing training and development
Benefit from our flexible pay feature Flexi Pay; submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day. (Includes weekends and Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working hours with weekday, weeknight, and weekend shifts and part or full time hours. Choose shifts to fit around your needs, having a flexible income alongside the comfort of a healthy work-life balance.
- Free specialised training programmes, free with credits earned whilst you work, including Makaton, BSL, First Aid, Safeguarding, End of Life care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Join our fantastic team today by submitting an application!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.