Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Are you a compassionate and hardworking carer? Then this could be the role for you!
Newcross Healthcare are searching for seasoned Support Workers to join us in delivering outstanding care and support to adults and children with learning disabilities and challenging behaviours living in Sidmouth, Seaton, Axminster and Ottery St Mary.
Become A Newcross Support Worker
As a Support Worker, you will be helping our service users with the development of new skills, supporting the development of daily living activities and tasks and encouraging integration and participation within the local community.
It is essential that you are confident in your ability to work in a calm and compassionate manner with a range of clients who vary in age, with each individual experiencing different challenges due to their learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
You Will Need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience in a similar support role
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed in the last 12 months, or you are willing to complete one with Newcross
- Access to a smartphone or device - with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Perks Of Joining Newcross
- Salary of up to £15.49/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Access our exclusive training programmes, to widen your knowledge
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work - access 30,000 discounts from high street stores
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Flexible working hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
The Local Office - Our friendly Exeter branch are based in Sandpiper Court, just a short distance from Pinhoe train station.
We Offer Same Day Pay!
You will also benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
How To Join
Click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
Submit Your Application Today To Become Part Of The Newcross Team!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way