Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
We are looking for support workers like you to join our friendly team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Support Workers to care for children and young adults who have learning disabilities and challenging behaviour living in Maidstone and the surrounding areas.
As a Support Worker, you will actively provide person centred care and support to our service users with a variety of different needs and requirements. You will assist them with personal care, clinical requirements, development of new skills, social integration and any additional services needed.
We are looking for applicants that have previous experience of caring for service users with challenging behaviours, autism and learning disabilities.
Training & Development
Working with Newcross gives our healthcare staff the chance to develop their existing skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered will include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, Safeguarding Adults, End of Life Care and many more.
Why choose our Newcross team?
- Flexible full time and part time hours available to suit your needs
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Free dedicated training programs earned through credits as you work
Take advantage of our exclusive new app feature 'Flexi Pay' and withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £13.19/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexi Pay - Withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day
- Perks at Work - Up to 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.