Learning Disabilities Support Worker
Do you want to make a difference to someone's life?
Newcross Healthcare have several flexible vacancies for Learning Disabilities Support Workers to work full or part time hours within Whitchurch and the surrounding suburbs through our local branch.
Our local branch is based at Global House in Shrewsbury Business Park, which is easily accessible by car and bus.
* Helping patients with tasks such as eating, moving about or washing themselves
* Delivering outstanding support to our service users whilst promoting independent living.
* Empowering our patients to have the best quality of life in line with their care plan
Ideally you will be an experienced support worker with a caring approach as well as the skills to deliver personal care to individuals living with physical or learning disabilities.
Working with Newcross will give you access to flexible shifts and a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, this will allow you to enjoy the flexibility of choosing your own hours with the security of having a steady income.
You will also be able to access 50% of your wages as and when you please with our same day pay app feature, Flexi Pay and design your life by choosing when you work with our app HealthForceGo.
* The right to live and work in the UK
* At least 3 months' previous care experience
* Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
* Have access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rotas
* Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £13.97/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts at 80 stores
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
Our recruitment process:
Click apply, submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
With our video calling technology, you won't have to travel to an interview instead you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now to find out more!
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way