Care Assistant - Meds Trained
You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are recruiting Healthcare Assistants to provide life-enhancing care and support in Okehampton, Crediton, Cullompton, Exeter and the surrounding local areas.
As Newcross Care Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Providing everyday care to clients
- Focusing on personal hygiene, mental stimulation and general well-being
- Managing clients' care logs and medical requirements
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community
Compassion and empathy are some of the traits that are required to succeed in this demanding, but extremely rewarding profession.
What you will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Already trained in Medication Administration
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months (or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare)
- You will need access to a smart device - iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Perks you will receive:
- Salary of up to £14.22/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - access to 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smart phone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your commitments
You will also benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day.
Successful candidates will also have the opportunity to develop their current skill set with a variety of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
Your Local Team
Our Exeter works tirelessly to provide the region with the highest quality of healthcare professionals to assist those in need of outstanding care and support.
The branch are based in Sandpiper Court, close to Pinhoe train station.
Our applicants now have access to video interviewing, so rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will endeavour to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way