Are you looking to enhance your nursing career?
Then join the team today!
Meet The Local Team - Your local branch is based at Aire House in Mandale Business Park, Durham
Newcross Healthcare are currently seeking hard-working and reliable Registered Nurses and Mental Health Nurses to join our team in giving expert nursing care to our service users living in Durham and the surrounding local areas.
Your New Role
At Newcross, our nursing services put the service user at the centre of everything we do. You must be confident in your ability to provide excellent nursing care that protects the dignity of our service users in line with their personalised care plan.
You'll need to have excellent clinical skills, with a valid NMC pin number, and the confidence to work with clients independently and as part of a wider MDT team. Experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting and team leader skills are highly desirable.
You'll have a permanent contract with guaranteed hours and the option to work full or part time hours. This will provide you with the security of a steady income alongside the flexibility to manage your work-life schedule.
Same Day Pay app feature
Introducing Flexi Pay! This service allows you to access up to 50% of your pay the same day as you complete a shift, even on bank holidays and weekends.
£500 Welcome Bonus
As a Registered Nurse, you can benefit from our exciting Platinum Ticket Invitation, where you'll receive a free uniform when you join our team, a free DBS check upfront and a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross*.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employment in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent roles
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets and manage your rotas and payslips on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- Salary of up to £28.84/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross Healthcare*
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts from UK retailers
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
- Video calling technology to enable you to attend your interview without leaving the house!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.