Nurses are at the heart of what we do
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Registered Nurses to care for our service users living in Barnsley and the surrounding areas.
Our nursing position
As a Nurse, you will provide excellent nursing care at all times and be comfortable working with service users independently and as part of a wider MDT team.
It is highly desirable that you have team leader skills and have experience of administering medication within various nursing home settings.
With Flexi Pay, healthcare staff have the opportuntity to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
You will find our Sheffield Branch at St James House, in Vicar Lane, very close to the city centre. This branch is in a prime location and provides the South Yorkshire and Pennines regions with healthcare professionals.
- Salary of up to £31.4/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- 30,000 discounts available across a variety of high street retailers nationwide
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
Take advantage of a variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work with a variety of topics covered. These include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, End of Life Care and many more.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.