You can make a positive difference to someone's life
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit qualified Registered Nurses and Registered Mental Health Nurses to care and support our service users in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes across Tyne and Wear, Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside and the surrounding area.
What does a Newcross nurse do?
Our Nurses are responsible for providing excellent nursing assistance and care to our service users with a variety of life-enhancing tasks.
You will need to be a kind, patient and compassionate healthcare professional with excellent team leader and clinical skills.
We'll offer you the opportunity of gaining valuable insight and skills with our comprehensive range of free training programmes which you can earn through credits as you work.
These includes: Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many more.
What's in it for you?
* Salary of up to £28.84/hr including holiday pay
* Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
* £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
* Agreed mileage payments for most clients
* Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
* Flexible vacancies that allow you to choose your hours throughout the week
* Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts on the high street!
* 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
* Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
* Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
Access 50% of your wages as and when you please with our same day pay app feature, Flexi Pay and design your life by choosing when you work with our app HealthForceGo.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable.
Your local team is located in Newcastle, based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Click the button to apply!
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.