Are you a Registered Nurse looking for a new career opportunity?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking dedicated Nurses and Mental Health Nurses to join us in delivering life-enhancing nursing care to our service users living across Edinburgh and the surrounding areas of Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Midlothian, East Lothian, Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith, North Berwick and Gilmerton.
Our friendly Edinburgh branch are based in New Mart Place, just a short distance from Slateford train station and also the Stenhouse Mansion.
As a member of our Newcross Nursing Team, you must have a compassionate approach and be confident in your ability to provide the care that protects the dignity of the client in line with their personalised care plan.
It is essential that you have excellent clinical skills and are able to provide our service users with nursing care that is in line with their personal care plans.
Successful candidates will need to a calm demeanour as you may care for service users that can be anxious or confused.
- Salary of up to £29.84/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access to 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
You will also be able to benefit from our new flexible pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Skills & Opportunities
Successful candidates will have the chance to improve and develop their skills with a range of free training programmes, earned through credits as you work. These include Dementia Care, Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration and more.
Working at Newcross will also provide you with the opportunity to study towards a range of National vocational qualifications NVQ/SVQ.
What you will need to have:
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employment in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the past 12 months, or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips on our app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
Click the button to Apply
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.