Our Nurses put our users at the centre of everything
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting to fill vanacies for Registered Nurses and Mental Health Nurses who will provide life-enhancing nursing care to our service users living across Edinburgh and the surrounding areas of Musselburgh, Kirkliston, Longniddry, Midlothian, East Lothian, Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith, North Berwick and Gilmerton.
Become A Newcross Nurse
As a member of our Newcross Nursing Team, you must have a compassionate approach and be confident in your ability to provide the care that protects the dignity of the client in line with their personalised care plan.
It is essential that you have excellent clinical skills and are able to provide our service users with nursing care that is in line with their personal care plans.
Successful candidates will need to have a calm demeanour as you may care for service users that can be anxious or confused.
£500 Welcome Bonus
As a Registered Nurse, you can benefit from our exciting Platinum Ticket Invitation, where you'll receive a free uniform when you join our team, a free DBS check upfront and a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross*.
Improve And Develop
Working with us gives you unprecedented access to a broad catalogue of free training programs earned through credits as you work and developed by our Clinical Governance team. We cover various topics and give you the opportunity to develop your current skill set.
Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
The Edinburgh Branch
Your closest Newcross office will be located in the Edinburgh branch which is based in New Mart Place, just a short distance from Slateford train station and also the Stenhouse Mansion.
Reasons To Join Newcross
- Salary of up to £29.84/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Access to 30,000 discounts on the high street
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
Same Day Pay!
Newcross Healthcare can remove some of the stresses of last minute expenses by offering you Flexi Pay! Our app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employment in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the past 12 months, or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas, timesheets and payslips on our app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
How To Join
Click 'Apply' to submit an application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will be in touch.
Submit Your Application And Become A Newcross Nurse Today!
If you encounter any issues when applying online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.