Looking for a new and exciting career in care? Become a Newcross Nurse today!
Newcross Healthcare are seeking Registered Nurses and Mental Health Nurses to join us in providing expert nursing care and support to our service users across Flint, Chester and the surrounding areas.
Our Chester branch are based at 17 - 19 Boughton, near Chester train station and Chester Cathedral.
What to expect in the role
In this position you will be promoting the well-being and quality of life of every service user that you care for. This means recognising the capabilities of each person, championing their needs and providing expert support that allows them to live the life they wish to lead.
You'll need to have a valid NMC registration, be highly committed to best practices with the confidence to work with clients independently and as part of a wider MDT team. Experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting and team leader skills are highly desirable.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's also essential you have experience in at least one of these.
- Salary of up to £31.89/hr including holiday pay
- Free uniform and criminal record check (DBS)
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Flexi pay - decide when you would like to be paid via the HealthForceGo app
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts from UK retailers
Opportunities at Newcross
Every month Newcross deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. Join us and you will have the chance to study one of our free training led by our dedicated in-house clinical trainers.
This role will give you great opportunities to expand your skill set with a range of free training programmes, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work.
Some of these include programmes such as Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care and many others.
What you will need to have:
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employment in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to book onto a Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Begin your journey with us today!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
We now give you the option to do your interview via video call! This way you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.