Our Nurses put our users at the centre of everything, do you?
Newcross Healthcare are currently recruiting qualified Registered Nurses & Mental Health Nurses with excellent interpersonal and clinical skills to work in Hertford and the surrounding locations.
The nursing role
As a Registered Nurse, you will be providing expert nursing care and support to our service users, ensuring they are at the centre of everything we do.
As a Mental Health Nurse, you will also need a calm approach since you will be working closely with patients that can be anxious or confused.
To apply for this role you will need
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable.
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
- Salary of up to £28.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Employee perks scheme with 30,000 discounts in various nationwide retailers
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- 'Perks at Work' scheme which gives you discounts in major UK retailers.
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
'Same day pay' app feature
Flexi Pay gives you the option to request an advance against your completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after you've finished a day's work! (includes weekends and bank holidays)
Exclusive training courses
We'll provide you with a variety of free training programs that you could earned through credits as you work. These include: End of Life Care, Excellence in Dementia, Peg Training - Theory-Based, Epilepsy Awareness and Basic Life Support.
Milton Keynes team
Our local Milton Keynes branch is located at Bond Avenue, just off the A5. We supply healthcare professionals to local care establishments up to a 30 mile radius of our office.
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Click the button to apply!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.
See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details. *Terms and conditions apply.