Senior Back End Developer
Senior Back End Developer - London
Location: Southbank, London with opportunity for some remote working
Basic salary: £55,000 to £70,000 doe
Benefits: Private healthcare, pension scheme, annual leave rising rapidly with service, Company bonus scheme up to 10% of salary, additional leave for personal development
Newcross Healthcare's journey began in 1996, since then we have grown to over 60 branches, innovated and developed our own tech and evolved with the times whilst never compromising on quality, now, we are one of the UK's most successful healthcare staffing providers, leading the way within our sector!
We're undergoing a fundamental change in the way that we conduct our business, putting User Experience at the heart of our decision making. We firmly believe that great user experience is great for business.
We're a small, agile team within a profitable, well-established UK business. You'll be an important member of the team taking the company to the next level and help us to build the worlds leading nurse resource Management platform. You'll be reporting to the CTO and working closely with our development team on a range of exciting projects.
Key focus areas within the role include:
- Maintaining the new platform and databases.
- Participating in workshops to suggest new technologies and improvements to integrate.
- Creating release plans, ensuring tracking and monitoring on a bi-weekly basis.
- Helping to create Unit tests, Integration tests and communicating with testing teams when releasing new features.
- Creating all documentation of systems and ensuring it is accessible and kept up-to-date.
- Driving technical direction in projects and assuring they meet scalability, robustness and security requirements.
To be successful within this role you will need:
- Commercial Experience with Node JS or equivalent, AWS, EC2, S3…
- Experience with creating microservices and defining systems architectures.
- Experience in manipulating Data, SQL database and using an ORM such as Sequelize.
- Experience with Memcache (Redis, Memcached), Elasticsearch, integrating multiple data sources and APIs.
- Experience using queues and message-broker such as SQS, RabbitMQ…
- Unit testing using Jest.
- Continuous integration using Jenkins, TeamCity or other.