Senior Back End Developer
Back End Developer
Location: Remote / work from home - must be UK based
Basic salary: £55,000 to £70,000 PA - Depending on Experience
Benefits: Private healthcare, pension scheme, annual leave rising rapidly with service, Company bonus scheme up to 10% of salary, additional leave for personal developmentEstablished 25 years ago, Newcross Healthcare has become one of the UK's most commercially successful and innovative healthcare staffing and complex care providers. We are a highly ambitious organisation with a culture of innovation, a passion for technology and a determination to provide our high standards of care to as many vulnerable people across the UK as possible, it's this which has enabled us to continuously develop our offering, expand and diversify our client base and grow our UK-wide network of healthcare employees to over 9000.
Our goal is to achieve exponential growth and become the World's largest Nurse Resource Platform, we have the strategic vision to challenge common convention and actively disrupt our business in pursuit of this. Our best-in-class technology will be a key component of our transformative journey taking us to the pinnacle of our industry.
About the role:
We're a small, agile team within a profitable, well-established UK business. You'll be an important member of the team taking the company to the next level and help us to build the worlds leading nurse resource Management platform. You'll be reporting to the CTO and working closely with our development team on a range of exciting projects.
Key focus areas within the role include:
- Maintaining the new platform and databases
- Participating in workshops to suggest new technologies and improvements to integrate
- Creating release plans, ensuring tracking and monitoring on a bi-weekly basis
- Helping to create Unit tests, Integration tests and communicating with testing teams when releasing new features
- Creating all documentation of systems and ensuring it is accessible and kept up-to-date
- Driving technical direction in projects and assuring they meet scalability, robustness and security requirements
To be successful within this role you will need:
- Commercial Experience with Node JS or equivalent, AWS, EC2, S3…
- Experience with creating microservices and defining systems architectures
- Experience in manipulating Data, SQL database and using an ORM such as Sequelize
- Experience with Memcache (Redis, Memcached), Elasticsearch, integrating multiple data sources and APIs
- Experience using queues and message-broker such as SQS, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Unit testing using Jest
- Continuous integration using Jenkins, TeamCity or other
- Private healthcare
- Pension scheme
- Annual leave rising rapidly with service
- Company bonus scheme up to 10% of salary
- Additional leave for personal development