Senior Care Assistant
You will find our Milton Keynes branch on Bond Avenue, just off the A5.
Are you looking for a senior role?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Senior Care Assistants to work in Bedford and the surrounding areas.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will provide assistance to our service users with daily living activities, personal care, clinical needs, social integration tasks and any additional services required.
You will also be expected to have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the role so that you are able to efficiently lead a team of carers.
Healthcare staff have the opportunity to develop their skill set with a wide range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. These courses cover topics such as Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
This new and exclusive app feature enables our staff to have access to up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible hours with a variety of shifts available
- 30,000 discounts available across a variety of high street retailers
- Training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- NVQ2 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
- Salary of up to £15.71/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our recruitment process is tailored to suit you. We interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed. Plus, you won't have to travel for miles!
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.