Senior Care Assistant
Take the next step in your career with us
Newcross Healthcare is seeking compassionate Senior Care Assistants to care for our users in a variety of exceptional nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Newcastle, Gateshead, Tynemouth, Wallsend, Jarrow, Low Fell, Tyneside and the surrounding towns of Tyne and Wear.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be providing personalised care in accordance with each service user unique care plan whilst promoting the independence, dignity and happiness of each individual.
Our successful applicants will have a deeper understanding and the ability to lead a team of carers and work within a wider MDT team.
Benefit with us
- Salary of up to £14.07/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Perks at Work, 30,000 discounts at around 80 high street retailers
- Free Criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses.
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader.
Our new Flexi Pay feature allows healthcare staff to access 'same day pay' via our innovative HealthForceGo® app. Simply digitally sign, verify your timesheets and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift that same day!
Our local branch
Our Newcastle branch is located at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Medication Adminstration certificate
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Join our fantastic team!
Click apply, submitt your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
Our applicants have now access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.