Senior Care Assistants
Your local team are situated at 1 S Tay Street, near Dundee train station.
Are you looking for a job that allows you to make a difference?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users in a variety of nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Dundee and the surrounding areas.
Our exclusive HealthForceGo® app allows healthcare staff to withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users with a variety of different tasks. These vary but will include washing, toileting, dressing, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services that will allow our service users to live as independently as possible.
You will additionally have a deeper understanding of the caring role thereby enabling you to lead a team of carers should the need arise.
For this role, you will need a NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care.
- Flexible hours with a variety of shifts to choose from
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
Train with us!
Working with us will give you access to a catalogue of free training programs earned through credits as you work and covering various important topics. These will include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, BSL or Makaton, End of Life Care, Medication Administration and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the last 12 months
- Referee contact details to validate your previous clinical experience
- Access to a smartphone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and submit your timesheets via our mobile app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but is not mandatory
Perks will include
- Salary of up to £17.56/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most client
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.