Senior Care Assistant
We want senior carers like you to join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Ashford, Tenterden, New Romney and the surrounding areas.
As a Senior carer, you will provide assistance and support to service users with a variety of daily living tasks. These can vary but include personal care, clinical needs, social integration activities and any additional services needed or required.
You will also be required to have a deeper understanding of caring roles and team leader skills.
Newcross provides you with an exclusive chance to broaden your skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs. These are free through credits earned as you work and include topics such as Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, Safeguarding Adults, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton and many more.
Withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day through our innovative HealthForceGo® app by just submitting your timesheets before 5pm. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Work with our friendly team!
- Flexible hours with weekday, weekend and night shifts to choose from
- 30,000 discounts to choose from through our 'Perks at Work' scheme
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits as you work
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
- Salary of up to £14.26/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - Discounts within high street retailers nationwide
Ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Flexi Pay - Access an advance of up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Submit your application now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions are committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing contained within this job advertisement is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.