Senior Care Assistant
Our Milton Keynes branch is based on Bond Avenue, just off the A5.
Are you looking for a senior position?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users living in Milton Keynes, Buckingham, Newport Pagnell, Chicheley, Castlethorpe and the surrounding areas.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will have deeper knowledge and understanding of the caring role which will enable you to lead a team of carers if needed.
You will also provide assistance and support to our service users with personal care, daily living tasks, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
Skills & Opportunities
Working with us will give you the opportunity to develop your skill set and enhance your career with a variety of free training programs. Topics will include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, Epilepsy, End of Life Care, Medication Administration and many more.
Our healthcare staff have the opportunity to access up to 50% of the value of their shifts within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £15.71/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay and flexible hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development available through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance made up of lead nurses
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Why work with our Newcross team?
- Flexible full time and part time hours available to suit your needs
- 30,000 discounts available throughout a variety of high street retailers
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross.
- You will need access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable with many packages of care having agreed mileage payments
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.