Senior Care Assistant
We are seeking senior carers like you!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users in various nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Crieff, Comrie and the surrounding areas.
Senior caring position
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the caring role. You will be required to assist our service users with personal care, clinical needs, dressing, washing, toileting, social activities and actively engage with them, their families, visitors and other residents.
Flexi Pay is a unique 'same day pay' service that allows healthcare staff to receive up to 50% of the value of their shift in the same day by simply submitting their timesheets before 5pm! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £17.56/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Full time and part time hours available with weekday, night and weekend shifts to choose
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Train & Develop
Newcross Healthcare offers successful candidates the chance to develop their skill set with a comprehensive range of free training programs earned through credits as you work. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, Epilepsy, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- A NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Located on the banks of the River Tay, Newcross Healthcare's Perth branch is just a short walk from the city's train station.
Submit your application and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.