Senior Care Assistant
Do you want to make a change?
Join our team!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Senior Care Assistants to care for our service users living in North Walsham, Stalham, Aylsham, Cromer, Sheringham and the surrounding areas of Norfolk.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will care for our service users and ensure that they receive assistance and support with a variety of life-enhancing tasks. Your assistance will be required with daily living activities, personal care, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services required.
Senior Care Assistants will also be expected to have a deeper understanding of the caring role and be comfortable leading a team of carers.
With Newcross, you have the opportunity access your wages before payday! Just submit your timesheets by 5pm and receive up to 50% of the value of your shift within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Flexible full time and part time hours across various weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts available throughout a variety of high street retailers
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
Training & Development
Newcross Healthcare gives our staff access to a wide variety of free training programs earned through credits as you work and cover a variety of different topics. These vary but will include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, End of Life Care, PEG, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Opportunities are available for staff to study towards a variety of National vocational qualifications (NVQ/SVQ).
- Salary of up to £14.83/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with weekly pay
- Flexible full time and part time hours
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Free ongoing training and development through credits earned as you work
- Perks at Work with 30,000 discounts available
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
Our Norwich branch is located at 7/13 Orford Place in the city centre, just a short walk from Norwich train station.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or a willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Apply now and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.