Senior Care Assistant
We are looking for an individual with a true passion for person-centred care
Newcross Healthcare is recruiting for dedicated Senior Care Assistants to deliver outstanding care and support to our service users in Sunderland and the surrounds.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the caring role enabling you to successfully lead a team of carers if needed.
Our ideal candidate will be a dedicated and compassionate healthcare professional who will uphold our philosophy of excellent care with a focus on personal care plans to aid in improving the lives of our service users.
- Salary of up to £14.07/hr paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access 30,000 discounts from high street retailers
- Video conferencing technology to enable you to attend a virtual interview
You'll also benefit from Flexi Pay, our 'same day pay' app feature, where you can decide when you want to be paid. Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day, even on bank holidays and weekends!
Successful candidates will also have opportunities to enhance their current skill set with various free training programmes, earned through credits as you work.
We also give the option to study an apprenticeship, our apprentices gain NVQs and SVQs in areas which relate to their particular department, with the support of their team and our apprenticeships provider they gain a lifelong qualification.
We provide hundreds of office-based and clinical courses to enhance your career such as Epilepsy Awareness, Safeguarding Adults, End of Life Care and many more!
You will need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
- Medication Administration certificate
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for your employment over the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a Smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our homecare app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not essential
Join our Durham branch today! We are based at Aire House in Mandale Business Park, just off the A1
If you are unable to successfully apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881 and our team will be sure to assist you.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.