Senior Care Assistant
Do you have a passion for care?
Newcross Healthcare are seeking dedicated Senior Care Assistants to join us in delivering outstanding professional care and support to our service users within Coventry and the local surrounding areas.
Your local branch is based at The Cobalt Centre in Middlemarch Business Park, close to Arden University and Coventry Airport.
What to expect in the role
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be assisting and supporting our service users with various important tasks. These will include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any further services required.
You will also be expected to have additional responsibilities and a deeper knowledge of the caring role enabling you to successfully lead a team of carers.
The Newcross Perks
- Salary of up to £13.72/hr including holiday pay
- Flexible hours - choose full or part time hours to fit in with your commitments
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work - Access to around 30,000 discounts at high street stores
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and Smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Interview via video call, a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
Flexi Pay - same day pay!
You will also be able to benefit from our new Flexi Pay feature on our HealthForceGo app, where you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
Development at Newcross
At Newcross, we value all of our employees and strive on providing clear career progression through a variety of over 200 training courses to ensure that our team always have the opportunity to evolve in their role, learning new skills.
Some of these include Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton, Medication Administration, Dementia Care, plus more.
What you'll need to succeed in the role
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment within the past 3 years
- A certificate to confirm your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or you are willing to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smart phone/device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.