Student Nurse: Care Assistant
The Bristol Newcross Healthcare branch is located in the heart of the city in Colston Tower on Colston Street and a short walk from Temple Meads train station.
Are you looking to gain experience in a care role?
Newcross Healthcare is searching for dedicated Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants (HCAs) to care for our service users in Bristol, Nailsea, Keynsham, Stoke Gifford, Portishead, Avonmouth, Yate and the surrounding areas.
- Providing high-quality care and support to service users.
- Administering medication and delegating tasks to colleagues.
- Recognising the capabilities of service users and making sure to champion their needs above all else.
- Working independently and a part of a wider MDT team.
We offer Flexi Pay. Typically, most UK healthcare workers are paid weekly or monthly but with this new service, they have the option to request an advance against the completed shifts and be paid as quickly as one hour after they've finished a day's work! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £13.63/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Perks at Work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexi Pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
Work with us!
- Flexible full time and part time hours across weekday, night and weekend shifts
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- Free training programs earned through credits as you work
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
What will you need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.