Student Nurse: Care Assistant
We want you to join us!
As a Student Nurse working as a Care Assistant in Canterbury and the surrounds, you'll love the fast-pace and variety that comes with supporting the day-to-day lives of residents in a range of establishments in your area. You'll be responsible for aiding with personal care tasks, clinical needs, meal preparation, making up beds, social activities and any other services neded.
This role provides you with a unique chance to really grow in your career, take on new responsibilities and enjoy the new relationships that you build each day. Working for Newcross is an opportunity to become part of a supportive community, supported by like-minded individuals.
You'll need to be an empathetic caregiver, with a minimum of 3 months of paid experience from within the past 3 years under your belt, experience of moving and handling and personal care, and the right to live and work in the UK. You'll have a desire to become a true companion to the people in your care. You'll need to have completed at least one nurse placement and be able to obtain a reference from your university and nurse placement. You will need a smart device with internet access to pick up shifts and submit timesheets via our app, HealthForceGo. Access to your own vehicle is desirable but not required.
- An hourly rate of up to £12.94 (this includes holiday pay)
- No need to wait around for pay day - get paid instantly
- Free uniform and DBS check
- A choice of shifts to suit your lifestyle through our app, with part-time, full-time, night and day shifts available
- Free, ongoing clinical training and professional development support
- Healthcare and mental health support and access to in-app advice and virtual appointments with NHS-registered GPs
This excusive app feature gives our healthcare staff the freedom to instantly access up to 50% of the value of their existing shifts even on weekends and bank holidays.