Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Your local branch is based at The Cobalt Centre in Middlemarch Business Park, close to Arden University and Coventry Airport.
Interested in learning lots of new skills?
Then Newcross Healthcare might be the place for you!
Newcross are seeking dedicated and ambitious Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants, and to join us in delivering excellent care and support to users in Coventry and the surrounding locations.
In the role of Care Assistant you will care for service users in person-centred day-to-day tasks including washing, feeding and mobility. You will help them build strong relationships with the local community and encourage social integration and participation. Furthermore, you will aid in any additional services that will enhance the lives of service users.
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Flexi Pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Perks at Work with access to around 30,000 discounts at high street shops
- Access our exclusive training programmes, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour support through dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Support from a clinical supporting team, line manager, in house office support and a designated field team leader
- Interview via video call - a more relaxing and enjoyable way to be interviewed
Try our unique same-day pay service, Flexi Pay, which gives you the option of withdrawing up to the value of 50% of your shift on the same day that you work it.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and choose when you get paid. (Including weekends and bank holidays)
Newcross offers over 200 free training programmes, earned with credits whilst you work, with topics such as Makaton, Basic Life Support and many more. Come and take advantage!
Perks at Work
Our employee disount scheme offers over 30,000 discounts at over 80 different UK retailers.
On weekdays, weekend, and week nights there are a number of flexible hours available so that you can suit your schedule to work! There is also the choice between part-time and full-time hours.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rotas and timesheets on our app, HealthForceGo
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
We also have opportunities for Mental Health Nurse to work across a variety of nursing environments assisting those who may have behavioural issues