Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Your local branch is based at 1 S Tay Street, just a short distance from Dundee University and Dundee train station.
We want carers like you to join us!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking experienced Student Nurses to take on the role of Care Assistants providing care and support to service users in various nursing, residential and specialist care homes in Dundee and the surrounding areas.
As a Care Assistant, you will provide life-enhancing care and support to our service users with various important daily activities. You will assist with personal care, dressing, washing, toileting, clinical requirements and actively engage with them, their families, visitors and other residents.
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or currently work in a care assistant job you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
With us, you have the opportunity to withdraw up to 50% of the value of your shifts within the same day. (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £12.55/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (PVG) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- Flexible hours - weekend, night and day shifts to choose from!
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
Skills & Training
Newcross Healthcare gives successful candidates the opportunity to develop their existing skill set with a wide range of free training programs. Topics covered include Basic Life Support, Medication Administration, BSL or Makaton, Dementia Care, End of Life care and many more.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current workplace, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employment in the past 3 years
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or are willing to enrol on a practical Moving and Handling course with Newcross Healthcare
- Access to a Smart phone/device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your timesheets and rotas on our HealthForceGo app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- SSSC registered or you must be able to commit to registering when you join our team
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
Submit your application today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way