Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Do you have a caring nature?
Then join us!
Newcross Healthcare have several opportunities for Student Nurses looking to work as Care Assistants, providing exceptional care and support to our residents living in Newcastle, Gateshead and the surrounding suburbs of Tyne and Wear.
* Promoting independent and dignified living through personal care and support.
* Assisting residents with social activities, providing them with mental and physical stimulation.
* Observing, monitoring and recording patient's conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight.
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 3 years
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months (or willingness to pay for a practical Moving and Handling Newcross course)
- You will need access to a smartphone, with internet access to manage your rota via our homecare app.
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Salary of up to £11.62/hr including holiday pay
Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible hours across weekdays, nights and weekends
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
* Flexi Pay - Access 50% of your wages as and when you please with our same day pay app feature and design your life by choosing when you work with our app HealthForceGo.
* Perks at Work - Enjoy our employee discount scheme which offers 30,000 discounts at over 80 stores.
* Various free training programs earned through credits as you work.
Find your local branch
You will be joining our Newcastle team which is in Newcastle, this branch is based at 156 Sandyford Road near the university in city centre. We cover areas as far north as Ashington and Carlisle in the west.
Begin your application…
Submit your application and a member of our friendly recruitment team will give you a call.
Our applicants have now access to video interviewing, rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.