Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse looking to develop your knowledge of care?
Newcross Healthcare are currently searching for Student Nurses to join us as Care Assistants, to provide care and support of an exceptional quality to our service users living in Wrexham, Chester and the surrounding local areas.
Further Your Training
We offer excellent programmes so you can broaden your skill set! Every month we deliver between 150 and 200 courses to over 1,000 Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. Earn training credits as you work and use them to develop your knowledge and evolve in your role. Newcross believes in investing in our staff so you can up-skill and progress in your healthcare career journey with us!
Same Day Pay
We understand that last minute costs can be challenging as a student, so Newcross now offers Flexi Pay. Our 'same day pay' app feature allows you to withdraw up to the 50% of the value of your shift if you choose. This also includes weekends and bank holidays so you no longer have to wait until pay day comes around!
More Newcross Benefits
- Salary of up to £12.47/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
About The Position
As a Newcross Carer, you will be providing expert care and support to our service users, promoting their well-being and empowering them to have the best quality of life in line with their care plan. This means recognising the capabilities of the person, promoting their dignity at all times and upholding our ethos of providing high quality assistance in a person-centred way.
It is essential that you provide care and support to our service users with various tasks. These will vary and include personal care, clinical needs, social activities and any additional services required.
What Do You Need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care role or environment
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification confirming your participation in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a Smart phone or device, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota via our app HealthForceGo
Your Local Team
You will be part of the Chester team and can find the branch at 17 - 19 Boughton, just a short distance from the Cathedral and train station.
Begin Your Newcross Journey
Click 'apply' to submit an online application and a member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will give you a call shortly after to discuss the role further.
We also now offer video interviewing to make your life easier! Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can speak with us from the comfort of your own home
Don't Wait, Click 'Apply' Now!
If you cannot apply online, please call us on 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way