Student Nurse: Care Assistant
We support Student Nurses with flexible hours and free training courses!
Newcross Healthcare are actively seeking dedicated Student Nurses to join in the role of a Care Assistant to assist in providing high-quality support to our service users within Leeds and the local surrounding locations.
Your Local Team - Our friendly branch is based in King Street, just a 5 minute walk from Leeds train station.
Same Day Pay
Do you find unexpected costs effect your life as a student? Newcross Healthcare can remove some of the stresses of last minute expenses by offering you Flexi Pay! Our app feature allows you to withdraw 'same day pay' for up to 50% of the value of your shift.
Simply digitally submit your timesheet and you can choose when you withdraw your pay! Weekends and bank holidays are also included.
Free Training Programmes
At Newcross we want to offer our staff every opportunity to upskill and develop in their new role. We want to invest in our staff and commit to the continual development of our team. Earn training credits as you work and exchange them to be enrolled in a variety of different free training programs that are developed by our Clinical Governance team.
Topics include Medication Administration, PEG, Epilepsy, Dementia Care, Safeguarding Adults and many more.
Your New Role
As a Newcross Care Assistant, you will be:
- Assisting with person-centred day-to-day tasks
- Aiding with any clinical requirements
- Helping with development and progression
- Building relationships with service users and their family members
- Encouraging integration and participation within the local community and other residents
The ideal candidate will be dedicated and compassionate, who will uphold our caring philosophy with a person-centred focus, whilst promoting the dignity and independence of our service users.
You Will Need:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous care experience in a similar role or environment
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months or you are willing to complete one with Newcross
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas on our app, HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not essential
What We Can Offer You
- Salary of up to £12.03 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Same day pay with Flexi Pay
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your studies
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Interview via video call - talk to us from the comfort of your own home without having to travel to an interview
- Access to available training programmes to develop your skill set within the field
How To Join
To begin your career with Newcross today, simply click 'Apply' to submit your online application. A member of our dedicated in-house recruitment team will call you to discuss the role further. We look forward to speaking to you!
Apply and tell us why you'd be perfect for the role!
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.