Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you a Student Nurse? Looking for a role that fits around you? Then we have just the thing!
Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit Student Nurses to join the team and fill the role of a Care Assistant to deliver care and support to our service users within Colchester and the surrounding local areas.
Our branch are based in Crouch Street, just a short distance from Colchester Town train station.
We are looking for patient and committed applicants who will be able to provide assistance to our clients whilst promoting our resident's independence, choice, dignity and respect.
As a Care Assistant, you will be assisting elderly, recovering, or disabled clients with the activities of everyday living and will provide outstanding care, support and companionship to clients and aid them handling day-to-day self-care, such as toileting and hygiene.
Our ideal candidate will be compassionate, positive and ready for the occasional challenge.
What you will receive
- Salary of up to £11.78 per hour including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible working hours - choose your hours to fit in with your study schedule
- 24 hour support through our central team and clinical governance
- Perks at Work scheme with access to amazing discounts from 80 UK retailers
- Recommend a Friend scheme where you can earn £500 for a successful referral
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Various training programmes earned through credits as you work
Living costs can be difficult as a student, which is why we've launched a unique flexible pay scheme, 'Flexi Pay', allowing our staff to access our 'same day pay' feature on our HealthForceGo app, so you can decide when you want to be paid.
Simply submit your timesheet by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a similar care role
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course completed within the past 12 months, or you are willing to complete one with Newcross Healthcare
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to manage your rota and timesheets via our app HealthForceGo
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
Apply now to find out more!
We've recently introduced video interviewing, as applicants are finding it more relaxing and more enjoyable. Rather than having to travel to an interview, you can talk to us from the comfort of your own home.
If you are unable to apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.