Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Are you looking for a flexible job?
Newcross Healthcare is seeking dedicated Student Nurses to work as Care Assistants caring for our service users living in Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Blandford, New Milton, Ferndown and the surrounding areas.
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay is a unique service that allows healthcare staff to instantly withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
Choose our team!
- Flexible full time and part time hours available to suit your ongoing needs and requirements
- Perks at Work scheme with 30,000 discounts to choose from
- We'll provide you with video calling technology that allows you to attend your interview without leaving the house
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will ensure that our service users receive high-quality care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. The tasks that you will assist with include personal care tasks, daily living activities, meal preparation, washing, dressing, clinical requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed.
What will I benefit from?
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Flexible full time and part time hours to suit your needs
- Perks at Work - 30,000 discounts in high street retailers nationwide
- Flexi Pay app feature
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Virtual GP service for consultations, advice and prescriptions*
- Mental health support* including phone and face-to-face consultations
What do I need?
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your local team are based in the coastal town of Bournemouth in St Stephens Court on St Stephen's Rd just off the A338. We are easily reachable by car or local buses and we are a 20-minute walk away from the train station.
Apply today and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.