Student Nurse: Care Assistant
Student nurses like you can make a difference!
Newcross Healthcare is seeking professional Student Nurses to work as Care Assistants providing care to our service users living in Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Blandford, New Milton, Ferndown and the surrounding areas.
What will I do?
As a Care Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring that our service users receive consistent care and support at all times in line with their personal care plans. You will support them with personal care tasks, daily living activities, clinical needs and requirements, social integration activities and any additional services needed or required.
We now offer video interviewing to make it easier for our applicants - Rather than having to travel to an interview, they can talk to us from the comfort of their own home.
Work with us!
- Flexible full time and part time hours available with weekday, night and weekend shifts to choose from
- Access to up to 30,000 discounts within high street retailers nationwide
- Free specialised training programs earned through credits earned as you work
What is Flexi Pay?
Flexi Pay is our 'same day pay service' accessed through our innovative HealthForceGo® app feature and withdraw up to 50% of the value of their shift within the same day! (Includes weekends and bank holidays)
- Salary of up to £14.12/hr including holiday pay
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Free criminal record check (DBS) and uniform
- Access our exclusive training, broadening your clinical knowledge
- 24-hour clinical support through a dedicated central team and clinical governance
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous care experience
- Certification in a practical Moving and Handling course in the last 12 months
- Have access to a smart device, with internet access to manage your rotas
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable, but not mandatory
If you have a NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or working in a supporting role you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Your local team are based in the coastal town of Bournemouth in St Stephens Court on St Stephen's Rd just off the A338. We are easily reachable by car or local buses and we are a 20-minute walk away from the train station.
Simply submit your application now and a friendly member of our recruitment team will give you a call!
If for any reason you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all.